METRO MATTRESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. MERCHANDISE MAY NOT BE RETURNED FOR REFUND AT ANY TIME.
- Acquisition of Information. Metro Mattress will not acquire any more information about consumers than is required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely. Metro Mattress will not sell, barter, or exchange any information about its consumers with any other company or service.
- Our Employees and Privacy. Metro Mattress trains all of its employees about the importance of privacy. We give access to information about consumers only to those employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Disclosure to Third Parties. Metro Mattress may release account information about consumers to third parties only if: a) we are compelled to do so by order of a duly empowered governmental authority, b) we have the express permission of the consumer; or c) it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
The design of all new mattresses incorporates the use of a variety of different comfort layers and materials. Mattress Manufacturers have found, through comfort and durability testing, that these comfort layers offer a greater level of performance and health benefits than mattresses designed several years ago. It is completely normal and 100% expected that these comfort layers will settle and compress. You should expect a slight body impression in all new mattresses virtually right away. This is not a structural defect nor a design defect, but an expected result. And rest assured, body impressions do not affect the level of comfort and support you receive from your new sleep set. Expect to see an impression of approx. 1″ – 1 .5” in all new mattresses.
DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATION
- Customers should expect an automated call the night before delivery notifying of an estimated 3 hour delivery window for the next day.
- At 7:00am the day of your delivery, you can get an estimated time for your delivery to arrive at your home. Visit www.metromattress.com and click on the TRACK YOUR DELIVERY link. Enter the phone number OR the invoice number from your proof of purchase to see the ETA of your delivery.
- The ETA of your delivery may change due to traffic, inclement weather, or unforeseen delays. The estimated time of arrival will continue to refresh throughout the day based on real-time updates.
- If you are unable to access your delivery information online, you may contact our delivery department at (315) 218-1220. Please do not call delivery department before 10:00am.
- Failure to be home during the confirmed delivery time frame may result in a delivery fee once rescheduled. (See store for current delivery rate).
- Your home, room, or location within the room, must be ready to receive your delivery. This includes having a clear, unobstructed path for our drivers, and linens removed from any old bedding being removed from your home.
- Our professional delivery staff takes pride in protecting your home and property when making a delivery. However, in the event that your home contains a restricted delivery area (hallway, staircase, etc.), you may be required to sign a release form before our delivery staff attempts installation of merchandise in your home.
- For insurance & safety reasons, the Metro Mattress delivery team cannot move any existing furniture to other rooms in your home
- MAKE SURE YOU INSPECT ALL MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY! Any damage to merchandise at time of delivery or pick up MUST be recorded in writing on the delivery or pick up acknowledgement. Any damages without such record will NOT be eligible for exchange.
- Customers paying (per set) for removal qualify for the removal of mattresses and/or box springs. Metro Mattress will NOT remove waterbed mattresses or bases, hide-a-beds or futons, etc. as part of the removal service.
BOX SPRING/FOUNDATION CONCERNS:
In some cases a regular one-piece box spring/foundation may not fit in your home due to narrow staircases, etc. This may require a 2 piece or Split Box spring/foundation order. The mandatory fee for the upgrade to a Split box spring/foundation is $99.99. Please call original store of purchase for details.
MATTRESS HEIGHT CONCERNS
Understanding the effect of height of your new mattress, in conjunction with your bedroom furniture, is the sole responsibility of the customer. However, if upon delivery of your new mattress set you realize that the bed is too high, it may be possible to exchange the box spring/foundation with a low profile box spring/foundation (if available). This will lower the height of the set by approx. 3 to 5 inches depending on the model. Issue must be identified and addressed on the day of your delivery to be eligible. Call original store of purchase for details.
The following applies to the down payment of merchandise that has not yet been received by consumer:
- For your protection, Metro Mattress does NOT accept telephone cancellations. All cancellations must be processed in person at the store where the original purchase was finalized.
- 50% deposit required on all special orders is NON-refundable, even in the event of cancellation before prior to delivery.
- No monies will be paid in cash. All applicable refunds will be paid by check or store credit, and will be mailed from our Corporate Office within 14 (fourteen) business days. Credit card customers will receive a credit on the same account that the original purchase was placed. -No cancellations will be considered without the original customer receipt or proof of purchase.
COMFORT EXCHANGE PROGRAM
1-Year SLEEP ON IT Guarantee
If you find that within ONE YEAR after the receipt of your bedding, you are not satisfied with your purchase, Metro Mattress will allow you a one-time exchange of your complete sleep set (mattress and foundations – excluding adjustable bed bases), for another sleep set of equal or lesser value. This offer is a One Time Only Exchange. No exceptions.
This Program applies to New Bedding only. Merchandise having been sold “As-Is” (Including, but not limited to: Floor Samples, Scratch & Dent, Clearance Merchandise, etc.) does not qualify for Comfort Guarantee Program. After delivery of newly selected comfort exchange sleep set, ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NO FURTHER EXCHANGES ARE PERMITTED. No exceptions.
All requests for Comfort Exchange must be made in person, at the original store of purchase, and may NOT be made by telephone. No Refunds will be considered. As stated in the Metro Mattress Sales Agreement; ONLY Customers purchasing a Mattress Protector from Metro Mattress at the original time of purchase will qualify for this one-time Comfort Exchange. As acknowledged by Customer at the time of original purchase, failure to purchase and utilize a Mattress Protector purchased from Metro Mattress at the original time of purchase shall disqualify Customer from participation in the Comfort Exchange Program. No exceptions. At the time of exchange, original mattress MUST be clean and COMPLETELY free of any stain, blemish or damage without exception, as well as have all law labeling intact. No Exceptions.
The Customer will pay the difference between the original purchase price and the full list price of the newly selected sleep set (which can be found on the official Metro Mattress Price Tag located on the display model in the store of original purchase). Promotions, Sale Prices, Discounts or other rebates will not apply in calculating the price of the Customer’s new bedding selection. In addition to the price difference, there will be a mandatory service/handling/delivery fee based on the following schedule:
- Exchanges completed in 30 days from date of original delivery or less, exchange fee = $99.99
- Exchanges completed between 31 & 365 days from date of original delivery, exchange fee = $299.99
- No comfort exchange will be considered after 365 days (1 year) from the original date of delivery/pick-up. No exceptions.
If during re-selection, Customer chooses a mattress that is priced lower than the mattress they seek to return in an exchange, the customer will have no “difference” to pay, but customer must still pay the applicable service charge in order to participate in this program. In these cases, NO partial refunds OR store credits will be issued. No exceptions. Our Comfort Exchange Program is limited to bedding only. Adjustable Bed Bases, frames, futons, daybeds, headboards, bunk beds, pillows, etc., are NOT part of the Comfort Exchange Program. Special Order merchandise which includes (but is not limited to) special size merchandise such as Full XL, Three Quarter, Waterbed Inserts, Cal. King, etc. do not qualify for Comfort Exchange Program. No exceptions.
100-Day Money Back Guarantee
The 100-Day Money Back Guarantee is a special, limited guarantee that applies specifically and only to the Notte and Stella mattress models when purchased online from Metro Mattress on the website metromattress.com. It guarantees a one-time refund only equal to the amount paid for the mattress only. Mattress must have been purchased online directly by the Customer from the Metro Mattress website metromattress.com and the Customer must be able to prove direct purchase by producing a copy of the original Metro Mattress metromattress.com sales receipt if requested.
ONLY Customers purchasing a Mattress Protector from Metro Mattress at the original time of purchase of the Notte or Stella mattress will qualify for this one-time refund. Failure to purchase and utilize a Mattress Protector from Metro Mattress at the original time of purchase shall disqualify Customer from participation in the 100-Day Money Back Guarantee program. No exceptions. Refunds will NOT be allowed on the Mattress Protector or any other products purchased with the mattress. The mattress MUST be clean and COMPLETELY free of any stain, blemish or damage without exception, as well as have all law labeling intact. No Exceptions. Metro Mattress reserves the right to inspect the mattress prior to issuing a refund.
Customer must package the mattress adequately so as to maintain its acceptable return condition. Customer must either return or be available for the delivery carrier to pick up the mattress and otherwise fully participate in ensuring the mattress is returned to Metro Mattress or other organization designated by Metro Mattress in good condition before a refund will be issued. A refund will only be issued if all conditions of this 100-Day Money Back Guarantee are met. Metro Mattress reserves the right to determine eligibility for refund.
If you recently received your mattress, we recommend allowing 1-2 weeks of use to allow time for your mattress to break in and for you to become acclimated to it.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- MAKE SURE YOU INSPECT ALL MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF PICK UP! Any damage to merchandise at time of delivery/pick up MUST be recorded in writing on the delivery or pick up slip. Any damages without such record will NOT be eligible for exchange.
- Customers electing to Pick Up merchandise from ANY Metro Mattress location, are responsible for providing a safe and adequate vehicle for transportation as well as adequate laborers to load merchandise. Metro Mattress will NOT load OR tie down merchandise to your vehicle. Customer is responsible for any damage to merchandise, or property, caused by customer’s transport of merchandise.
- Customer knowingly refused to have merchandise delivered by Metro Mattress, and by their own free-will elected to pick up merchandise. Therefore, customer assumes full responsibility for safe transport of goods, and RELEASES Metro Mattress from any liability or damages/accidents that may occur during or as a result of customer’s transport of goods.
BEDDING CARE & EXPECTATIONS
- Expect your new bed to feel different at first. You’ve been sleeping on the same bed for a while and it probably lost most of its support over the years. Even though it has lost its support, it’s what your back is used to. Allow yourself time to adjust to your new, supportive sleep set. Just as a new pair of shoes require an adjustment period, so does your new bed!
- You may notice body impressions with normal use. These impressions are not structural defects; rather, they are common occurrences and indicate that the upholstery materials are conforming to your body’s contours.
- A strong frame must support your new sleep set. Since today’s mattresses are better and heavier than before, your old bed frame may not be able to support your new bedding properly. For ALL queen, split queen, Olympic queen, king & California king size sets, use a bed frame that supports head, foot & sides as well as a rigid center support. For any of the aforementioned sizes that do not utilize a metal center support, you must use AT LEAST 5 hardwood slats (1″x4″). By not providing a sufficiently supportive frame, damage can occur to the product and your warranty will be invalid.
- Always match the quality of a new mattress with an adequate foundation. Old foundation units may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is “sagging” when the problem may be due to an inadequate or non-supportive foundation.
CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE
Consumers purchasing Mattress Only or Foundation Only to be used in conjunction with a mattress or foundation manufactured before July 1st, 2007 should be advised that this combination may not be compliant with the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) Standard for the Flammability of Mattress and Mattress/Foundation Sets (16 CFR part 1633 and 1634). Metro Mattress makes no representation or warranty of the compliance of products manufactured before the CPSC statute(s) effective date. Metro Mattress explicitly and expressly accepts no responsibility for damages resulting by virtue of the consumer’s decision to utilize any product(s) used in conjunction with Non-Compliant or Pre-Existing merchandise.
KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND WARRANTY CARD! You will need both documents to properly file a warranty claim with the manufacturer. Failure to produce the original Itemized Proof of Purchase may result in the denial of warranty coverage by the manufacturer. Under the terms of Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, customer is only entitled to the repair or replacement of defective product. Refund requests will not be considered. See Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty for further details.
Metro Mattress grants or implies NO warranty of performance on any product. All warranties provided, if any, are manufacturer’s warranties. Manufacturer Warranty paperwork is included in the packaging of the product. In the event that a warranty claim on your product is necessary, Metro Mattress will arrange for the In-Home Assessment of the product which may include measurements, descriptions, and/or photographs as deemed appropriate under the terms of the manufacturer’s limited warranty. All decisions concerning warranty claims are made solely by the manufacturer. This includes the validity of the claim, and any subsequent offerings thereafter. Metro Mattress will only perform an exchange for defective products with the written consent of the manufacturer.
Service and transportation fees are not included in the terms of the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. Metro Mattress requires a delivery fee for the exchange of any approved warranty claim made 60 days after the original date of delivery. Delivery charge shall be based on the current delivery fee and is subject to change at any time. Merchandise sold “As-Is” is NOT eligible for warranty coverage under the terms of the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. *Please Note: Metro Mattress does NOT perform service for any adjustable bed bases. All service issues on adjustable bases are resolved directly through the manufacturer. IMPORTANT: Pursuant to the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, ANY spot or stain on your bedding will VOID the manufacturer’s warranty coverage. For health and safety reasons, the MANUFACTURER reserves the right to deny any and all coverage on these products. See Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty for complete details.
Applies to the same mattress, prior to delivery & under the same purchase terms and does not apply to Internet, exchanges, floor samples, warranties, discontinued models & one-of-a-kinds. We can only match factory authorized pricing on Tempur-Pedic, Simmons Black, Serta iComfort and ComforPedic models. To make a claim under our price guarantee present competitor’s current ad (audio, video or print) or paid invoice.